I have been working at The Junction for over 15 years. Since becoming a lifeguard at the age of 16, I still feel just as passionate for sport now than when I started at the beginning.
I went on to study a modern apprenticeship in Sports & Recreation and completed an NVQ Level 2 & 3. I then qualified as a Full Swimming Teacher and was promoted from Lifeguard to Duty Manager with my main area of responsibility being the running of the Swimming Pool and Swimming Lesson Co-ordinator. I have gained understanding of experiencing and managing a team.
I can honestly say I very much enjoy my job and enjoy working with my colleagues. I find the Leisure Industry both rewarding and hugely exciting in the sense that this industry is fast changing. I have been teaching since the age of 17 and now have over 15 years experience.
I teach all abilities from babies, school children, adults and special needs children. Having a son myself with Cerebral Palsy I know how important swimming is to a childs development and how it becomes a skill for life.
I believe I bring complete professionalism, patience and passion to my job to achieve excellent teaching results.
I teach both group and private lessons.
- S.T.A. Full Teachers
- S.T.A. Full Teachers (Special Needs)
- S.T.A. Full Teachers (Baby & Pre School)
- Aqua Aerobics Certificate
- RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
- RLSS Lifeguard Trainer Assessor
- IRSM National Pool Plant Operating Certificate
- CMI Level 5 Leadership and Management
- IRSM Level 3 Management Certificate
- NVQ Level 2 In Sports & Recreation
- NVQ Level 3 In Sports & Recreation
- Sports & Recreation NVQ Assessor Certificate
- 3 Day First Aid Certificate
- DBS Checked
- Health & Safety Certificate
- Child Protection Safeguarding Certificate